June 04, 2013

Why does everyone want to go to Law School? Ctd


















This is an open discussion with my last post here. I want to pick the debate up on the blog post by Max Tucker who wrote an essay for the Huffington Post entitled, 'Why You Should Not Go To Law School.'

He backs up my thinking that everyone wants to go to Law School and that it's the default career choice. He said:
"At some point in their life, everyone thinks they should go to law school. You may in fact think you want to go to law school now."
The rest of his essay is great and deserves a read and attention, which you can do here. But I want to leaves things on an interesting comment that was made in response to the post by a practicising attorney. Lara Gardner said:
I'm an attorney and I could have written this, word for word. It is dead on. I wish I had read it before going to law school and getting a degree that ensures I'll have an impossible time ever finding a job that isn't law-related or free of massive student loans. I have virtually no regrets except for attending law school. It was the biggest mistake of my life. Don't do it! Believe what he says here. He's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...