September 25, 2014

Conference Drawing

My Conference Notes Cartoon of Josh Richards (@Mighty_Ginge) at @Create2014Co, more here.
I do Live Drawing. I also do Conference Drawing. This is where I go to conferences, seminars and talks and document what is said through words and coloured drawings. Think mind maps. Think story boards. A wonderful way to remember the special event and the special ideas and contacts made. Below are 12 images from the 12 conferences and events that I've done Conference Drawing at over the last year. Click the links below to see a full selection of images from each of the 12 events. 

Read more about Live Drawing here. See a full chronology of all the Live Drawing cartoons I've ever drawn on my Flickr page here. See how I work and think and process ideas on my Live Drawing Tumblr portfolio here.

[UPDATE (23.ii.2015) three events added below; from here, here and here.]


Create:2014

This happened in Derry/Londonderry on September 17 2014. You can see a full gallery of the day's events and my renderings, here. Also see on Tumblr here and here and here.




TedX Stormont
I did Conference notes at Stormont on September 5 2014 for TedX. You can see a full gallery here. See Session 1 here. Session 2 here. Session 3 here. Images of me drawing here.


TEDx Stormont Women

This happened in May 2015, see all the drawings and pictures from the day here.


#féile2014
I did an evening of  Graphic Recording at the Feile festival in West Belfast, August 2014. Full gallery here.


XChange Summer School
This happened in Enniskillen on June 26 and 27 2014. Full gallery here



Launch of the Centre for Democracy and Peace Building
I did Graphic Recording at the launch of the Centre for Democracy and Peace at the Ulster Museum. Full gallery here.  



Slugger O'Toole Post-Election 2014 Hangover, the Hudson Bar
I did a night of drawing at the Hudson Bar, Belfast following the European and local Elections of May 2014. This was in my capacity as political cartoonist with Slugger O'Toole. Full gallery here.



Friday Night Mashup
I did a night of Graphic Recording at the Friday Night Mashup (@FNMashup) at Titanic Belfast with @imaarontaylor and others. Full gallery here.

The John Hewitt Sping School
I did an afternoon of documenting the John Hewitt Spring School seminar at the Londonderry Arms Hotel (@ldahotel) in Carnlough. Full gallery here.


Washington Ireland Programme
I did a day of Conference Drawing at Titanic Belfast for the Washington Ireland Programme conference. Full gallery here.


#StrongerTogether conference
Live Drawing the #StrongerTogether conference at Titanic Belfast with @nisha_tandon. Full gallery here.


#Stimulus Conference
I did a day of Conference Drawing at the Lyric Theatre in Belfast for the @askWhatNow #stimulus conference. Full gallery here.


Belfast Comedy Festival
I did a day of drawing at the Black Box in the Cathedral Quarter, Belfast for the Comedy Festival. I did this alongside famous Northern Ireland political cartoonist Ian Knox. Full gallery here.



BBC Children in Need
An evening of drawing words, thoughts and ideas at the BBC in Belfast. See more here.



E-Health Conference
This happened at the La Mon hotel in October 2014. See more here



Open University Seminar at the Ulster Museum
This also happened in October 2014. See more here. A happy delegate as you can see below!



The East Belfast Debate - Naomi Long V Gavin Robinson


See more here, April 2015.


Law Centre NI Conference


See more here, September 2015.


#WestBelfastTalksBack and the McGuinness-Hamilton Debate


See more here, including drawing Jeremy Corbyn, August 2015.


Lecture on Samuel Beckett


See more here, July 2015.



Lisbon Conference, Henderson Retail group


See more here, April 2015.

Saint Patrick's Cathedral seminar on 1916


Above is Professor Biggar of Oxford, see more from the day here, January 2016.

Maynooth Seminar


See more from the day here, November 2015.


Corrymeela Conference


See more from the weekend event here, 3-5 June 2016. 


NICON Conference, La Mon Hotel


See more from the two day conference here, June 28-29 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...