March 05, 2013

The greatest milestone in the Northern Ireland peace process?


This is the question I put to Malachi O'Doherty.
Malachi O’Doherty has been a long time journalist and commentator on the Troubles and Northern Ireland politics. He’s now the BBC Louis MacNeice Writer in Residence at QUB. He’s also an active Twitter user, tweeter from here.

I had a sit down with him in the summer 2012 for a bit of chat and even a bit of drawing. Check out the cartoon below of Malachi to see what I came up with! To be honest he’s wasn’t hard to draw – a joy in fact!
Malachi O'Doherty - 8 August 2012
Besides the drawing I put to him a single question: what’s been the greatest milestone in the Northern Ireland peace process? His answer was definitely unexpected and unconventional, but I liked it.

Listen to the 60 second clip below to hear what he had to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...